They've got groovy, wiggly tails. They've got horns on their heads.



Saturday, June 4, 2011

Claudette Colbert







Born in France and raised in New York City, Claudette Colbert became Hollywood's go-to girl for screwball comedies after the success of "It Happened One Night" in 1934.




But brilliant as she was in comedic roles, she also had a flair for drama, as evidenced in "Imitation of Life" in '34 and "Drums Along the Mohawk" in '39.




For many of us, however, she will always be Cleopatra-- sultry, alarmingly sexy, and impossible to tear your eyes away from.




Claudette Colbert was that rarest of things in the Hollywood of her time: an actress who called her own shots and fastidiously controlled her public image, not allowing anyone else to do it for her.

4 comments:

  1. Love Claudette Cobert. Looking like that she could be real Bad, Bad, Bad. ( I wanna be Bad ,too) pleasseee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this blog. It's simple,
    yet effective. A lot of times it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say you have done a excellent job with this. Also, the blog loads very quick for me on Chrome. Excellent Blog!
    hardwood floor

    Here is my blog :: hardwood floors
    My webpage - installing hardwood floors

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously like your web site but you have to take a look at the
    spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to inform the reality
    on the other hand I will certainly come back again.

    Visit my webpage - hardwood floors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how could we
    communicate?

    Also visit my web site :: www.flooranddecoroutlets.com

    ReplyDelete