They've got groovy, wiggly tails. They've got horns on their heads.



Monday, February 28, 2011

Jane Russell



Jane Russell stopped hearts even before her first film, The Outlaw, was released-- signed with Howard Hughes in 1940, her debut was filmed in 1941 but not released until '43, and she spent the intervening period working up an enormous fan base and causing red-hot controversy because of her... epic... proportions.




But Jane Russell was far more than just a staggering physique. A truly talented actor, singer and dancer, she even enjoyed a successful nightclub act at the Sands, starting in 1957.




After The Outlaw, Jane starred in light-hearted Westerns like Calamity Jane and goofball comedies like Bob Hope's Paleface. But most of us remember her most specifically in two film noirs she made opposite Robert Mitchum-- His Kind of Woman and Macao. The chemistry between Mitch and Jane smoldered.




R.I.P., Jane. We'll miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Incredible actress beautiful talented and I do admit with amazing proportions I will miss you Jane Russell I will miss you there will never be another you.

    ReplyDelete