They've got groovy, wiggly tails. They've got horns on their heads.



Saturday, February 26, 2011

Julie Newmar



As a kid, watching Adam West cavort around in blue tights and driving a bad-ass car, I didn't give a damn about girls. Until Julie Newmar, that is. Slinking around as Catwoman, she was perhaps the first to make me realize that hey, there's a difference between boys and girls, isn't there?
Before Catwoman, Julie Newmar turned heads on Broadway and a few small appearances in film and television, before landing the role of Rhonda the Robot on the short-lived show My Living Doll.
But it was as Catwoman she made her most memorable impact. No one else has even come close.








5 comments:

  1. I'm a card-carrying Julie Newmar fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edie Adams made an interesting quote that bears looking up. It alludes to what she'd do with Julie, even though she wasn't a lesbian. For the record, her character in "My Living Doll" was RHODA. She was super gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I log on to your blοgs like every weеk.
    Youг writіng style is аwesomе, κeep it up!


    my web page: Do nootropics help with memory
    Here is my homepage - build a healthy brain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really likе yοur blog.. νеry nіce сolors & thеme.

    Did уou makе this websіte yourself or did уou hire sοmeone tо do it for you?
    Plz respond aѕ I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. many thanks

    http://www.dfw-taxicab.com/2011/05/taxi-service-in-irving-tx/
    Also see my page: grapevine tx taxi

    ReplyDelete